Thought Horror OverFiend

Locked
Vumra

Thought Horror OverFiend

Post by Vumra » Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:53 pm

Perma Rooted Debuff and Slow him then engage. 7 second CH chain with min of 3 pref of 4 clerics (soon to be 6 - 8 druids) 1 cleric on healing the other 3-4 clerics and Mod roding... He casts an unresistable 100point ae (or it was never resisted by me)

In his room setup on the wall to the left keel the elders along that side. Head behind the THO and casters/ cleric hide behind the pilar. Everyone else just KEELS him.

My guess we could take him !



Cippo Hobbitbane

Re: Thought Horror OverFiend

Post by Cippo Hobbitbane » Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:16 pm

Well... let's go. =P

Zalern

Re: Thought Horror OverFiend

Post by Zalern » Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:45 am

[Edited by Zalern on 6/7/2003 6:46:17 PM]
Timing on his AE

Overfiends Fury
[Sat Jun 07 01:32:49 2003] You are overcome with despair. You have taken 100 points of damage.
[Sat Jun 07 01:33:09 2003] You are overcome with despair. You have taken 100 points of damage.
[Sat Jun 07 01:33:29 2003] You are overcome with despair. You have taken 100 points of damage.
[Sat Jun 07 01:33:48 2003] You are overcome with despair. You have taken 100 points of damage.


Feeblemind
[Sat Jun 07 01:35:15 2003] Your feel somewhat dimwitted.
[Sat Jun 07 01:35:47 2003] Your feel somewhat dimwitted.
[Sat Jun 07 01:36:18 2003] Your feel somewhat dimwitted.
[Sat Jun 07 01:36:49 2003] Your feel somewhat dimwitted.

Sassinak

Re: Thought Horror OverFiend

Post by Sassinak » Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:03 pm

That was fun and different. :) Thoughts on that fight...

1) EVERYONE who is not going to melee should hide behind the pillar, not just the healers. Debuffers can debuff from there, nukers can nuke from there.

2) Need to time the debuffs and keep them from dropping (not having feeblemind will help). Cripple was as important as slow, because I think the fear is a proc. Late in the fight, I was spending 90% of the time feared. Early in the fight, I spent about 5% of the time feared.

3) Tank needs high MR for the fear... 300+. Need one bard on MR song duty.

4) Need to assign 2 units to deal with adds (hopefully only one needed, second in case the first dies). Either 2 kiters or else 2 pairs of paladin+cleric.


Mavuss

Re: Thought Horror OverFiend

Post by Mavuss » Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:39 pm

I could not cast on the THO from behind the pillar as I got the "ould not see"msg.
I tried sliding back and forth behind the pillar but couldnt cast till i exposed myself to his AA and cast from there.

I was able to time his aoe a few times but it was not always evenly spaced and he feebled me and I was stuck unable to cast pretty much the whole time too.

Nicol Heartsbane

Re: Thought Horror OverFiend

Post by Nicol Heartsbane » Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:30 am

That's why someone has to call the ae. If nobody calls the feeblemind AE, we lose all caster damage output.

Bascomb Bramblebane

Re: Thought Horror OverFiend

Post by Bascomb Bramblebane » Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:45 am

The DD isn't bad really - 5% slow ain't much.

The Mana tap isn't so nice.


On 6/7/2003 2:45:03 PM, Zalern wrote:

>[Edited by Zalern on 6/7/2003 6:46:17 PM]
>Timing on his AE
>
>Overfiends Fury
>[Sat Jun 07 01:32:49 2003] You are overcome with despair. You have taken 100 points of damage.
>[Sat Jun 07 01:33:09 2003] You are overcome with despair. You have taken 100 points of damage.
>[Sat Jun 07 01:33:29 2003] You are overcome with despair. You have taken 100 points of damage.
>[Sat Jun 07 01:33:48 2003] You are overcome with despair. You have taken 100 points of damage.
>
>
>Feeblemind
>[Sat Jun 07 01:35:15 2003] Your feel somewhat dimwitted.
>[Sat Jun 07 01:35:47 2003] Your feel somewhat dimwitted.
>[Sat Jun 07 01:36:18 2003] Your feel somewhat dimwitted.
>[Sat Jun 07 01:36:49 2003] Your feel somewhat dimwitted.

Sassinak

Re: Thought Horror OverFiend

Post by Sassinak » Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:58 am

Unless things have changed, 5% slow negates our 100% haste buffs, leaving us doing half our usual raid melee damage.


On 6/9/2003 5:45:42 PM, Bascomb Bramblebane wrote:

>The DD isn't bad really - 5% slow ain't much.
>
>The Mana tap isn't so nice.
>
>
>On 6/7/2003 2:45:03 PM, Zalern wrote:
>
>>[Edited by Zalern on 6/7/2003 6:46:17 PM]
>>Timing on his AE
>>
>>Overfiends Fury
>>[Sat Jun 07 01:32:49 2003] You are overcome with despair. You have taken 100 points of damage.
>>[Sat Jun 07 01:33:09 2003] You are overcome with despair. You have taken 100 points of damage.
>>[Sat Jun 07 01:33:29 2003] You are overcome with despair. You have taken 100 points of damage.
>>[Sat Jun 07 01:33:48 2003] You are overcome with despair. You have taken 100 points of damage.
>>
>>
>>Feeblemind
>>[Sat Jun 07 01:35:15 2003] Your feel somewhat dimwitted.
>>[Sat Jun 07 01:35:47 2003] Your feel somewhat dimwitted.
>>[Sat Jun 07 01:36:18 2003] Your feel somewhat dimwitted.
>>[Sat Jun 07 01:36:49 2003] Your feel somewhat dimwitted.

Bascomb Bramblebane

Re: Thought Horror OverFiend

Post by Bascomb Bramblebane » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:37 am

Oh yeah -

oh well - if it's not Druid usable, it's CRAP!



On 6/9/2003 5:58:10 PM, Sassinak wrote:

>Unless things have changed, 5% slow negates our 100% haste buffs, leaving us doing half our usual raid melee damage.
>
>
>On 6/9/2003 5:45:42 PM, Bascomb Bramblebane wrote:
>
>>The DD isn't bad really - 5% slow ain't much.
>>
>>The Mana tap isn't so nice.
>>
>>
>>On 6/7/2003 2:45:03 PM, Zalern wrote:
>>
>>>[Edited by Zalern on 6/7/2003 6:46:17 PM]
>>>Timing on his AE
>>>
>>>Overfiends Fury
>>>[Sat Jun 07 01:32:49 2003] You are overcome with despair. You have taken 100 points of damage.
>>>[Sat Jun 07 01:33:09 2003] You are overcome with despair. You have taken 100 points of damage.
>>>[Sat Jun 07 01:33:29 2003] You are overcome with despair. You have taken 100 points of damage.
>>>[Sat Jun 07 01:33:48 2003] You are overcome with despair. You have taken 100 points of damage.
>>>
>>>
>>>Feeblemind
>>>[Sat Jun 07 01:35:15 2003] Your feel somewhat dimwitted.
>>>[Sat Jun 07 01:35:47 2003] Your feel somewhat dimwitted.
>>>[Sat Jun 07 01:36:18 2003] Your feel somewhat dimwitted.
>>>[Sat Jun 07 01:36:49 2003] Your feel somewhat dimwitted.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests